The Harvard Representation Initiative (“HRI”) is currently seeking a full-time paralegal to join their team. HRI provides free legal and social work to members of the Harvard community whose immigration status is at risk. The Paralegal will assist HRI attorneys with a range of work, including preparing legal documents for filing with immigration court and administrative agencies, maintaining client records and responding to client questions, as well as organizing documents and managing case files.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3 or more years of related experience. Education beyond high school may count toward experience;
- Be fluent or have advanced proficiency in Spanish;
- Have experience conducting intakes and assisting with filings in immigration court and before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service;
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to changing needs of clients, and demonstrate a commitment to customer service;
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Be capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Have competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and electronic case management systems; and,
- Have effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all.
There is more information about the position, and instructions on how to apply, on the Harvard Careers website.